- Amla for Anaemia: Amla is anti-anaemic fruit as it is a rich source of iron and vitamin C. As Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) helps better absorption of the iron.
- Prevents Aging: Scientific studies have shown that Amla possess properties that can combat age-related illnesses such as cancer, diabetes, cardiac ailments, renal failure, immune suppression, arthritis, cataracts, and wrinkling of skin.
- Improves digestion: It is good for digestion and assimilation of foods. Being alkaline in nature it ensures to flush out toxins from the body, and balances and strengthen the digestion process. It has adequate amount of fibre and roughage that make you relieve from constipation and indigestion.
- For Abdominal Diseases: Amla cures Indigestion due to increased acid production, acidity, gastritis, Heartburn, burning sensation in abdomen, jaundice, fatty liver, irritable bowel syndrome, Peptic & duodenal ulcers.
- Provides Antioxidant:Amla fruit exhibits strong antioxidant activity due to the presence of ascorbic acid, emblicanins, gallic acid, methyl gallate, corilagin, furosin, and geraniin.
- For shiny hair: Amla is good to prevent hair loss, hair fall, dandruff and plays a vital role in the overall hair health.
- Imparts glowing skin: It is good for skin beauty, and helps to fight wrinkles, pimples, acne etc. and makes skin fresh by removing the dead cells when applied externally.
- Helps burn fat: Amla is good for weight loss, fat burning and those who are obese. It has higher level of amino acid that helps to shed unnecessary fats from the body. Amla is diuretic in nature, means it increases the frequency and amount of urine thereby releasing of toxins, waste products from the body.
- Improves Vision: Due to the presence of vitamin A and carotene Amla prevents many eye related problems such as cataract, intra-ocular, Conjunctivitis or eye flu, burning sensation in eyes and improve vision.
- Prevents cough and cold: The mix of fresh Amla juice (2tbsp) and honey (2tbsp), taken daily, helps to eradicate the problems of cough and cold.
- Cure mouth ulcer: It helps to cure mouth ulcer if it gargles along with water.
- Control diabetes: Regular consumption of Amla juice (2-3 tbsp) daily helps to lower the level of sugar in blood thus controls diabetes. Amla stimulates the pancreas Islet of langerhans which further regulate the suitable secretion of insulin hormone.
- For healthy heart: Regular intake ofAmla lowers the level of cholesterol and strengthens the cardiac muscles thus smooth pumping of blood and oxygen to the entire body. The presence of chromium prevents plaque formation in the blood vessels thus save from strokes and cardiac problems. Iron content ensures more oxy-haemo circulation. The various bio-chemical substances present in Amla ensure the better functioning of heart by maintain blood pressure and preventing strokes.
- Radio-protector: Recent studies suggested that Amla extract may be useful in reducing the side effects produced during radiation therapy, is also a good radio-protective agent in mice exposed to γ-radiation.
- Relives asthma: Taking Amla juice (2tbsp) and honey (2tbsp) on regular basis is helpful to control asthma, bronchitis, allergic asthma, respiratory congestion, chronic cough and cold.
- Treats Psychological Diseases: Amla helps to alleviate anxiety, restlessness,Insomnia due to excess heat, irritability, violent mental agitation, and ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder).
- Kidney & Bladder Disorders: Amla helps to cure burning sensation in urine, and recurrent urinary tract infection.
- Women’s diseases: Like Leucorrhoea, and Infertility due to uterine weakness are cured by Amla taken along with Ashwagandha and Liquorice.
- Men’s Diseases: Useful in Oligospermia, nightfall.
- For Scurvy: Scurvy is caused due to deficiency of vitamin C. Amla is useful in the treatment of human scurvy because it is a very rich source of vitamin C.
- In Gastritis and peptic ulcer: Amla acts as a natural antacid and controls the production of acid in the stomach and provides relief from the symptoms of gastritis and prevent the complications of peptic ulcers such as gastric carcinoma. It also reduces the pain in the abdomen, weight loss, poor appetite, nausea and vomiting and heartburn caused by hyperacidity.
- In Osteoporosis: Amla is abundant in Vitamin C, which is recognized as an essential nutrient for the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis. It improves the absorption of the minerals and increases bone mineral density.
When and How to Take Amla:
Generally, Amla Juice is recommended taking on empty stomach in the morning, but it can be consumed anytime.
Amla Juice should be mixed in a glass of water and 1 to 2 tsp. honey. Drink this on empty stomach in the morning.
If one experiences some abdominal discomfort due to Amla juice after taking it on empty stomach, then he/she should take it after food mixing with 1 to 2 tsp. of honey without water.
Amla has a strong cooling property, which means it reduces heat and produces cooling sensation in the body.
According to Ayurveda, Amla should not be used in productive cough, common cold, Skin dryness, Joints pains that aggravate in Cold environments.