According to American Academy of Dermatology, skin comprises the largest organ of human body with over 20 vital physiological functions and it is a first line of innate immunity. Skin which is a physical barrier to survive pressure and trauma, recognize sensations and pain, protects the body from the external environment such as pollution and radiation, sunlight, keeping out harmful microbes and chemicals, and helps to regulate temperature, fluid balance and excretion, involved in endocrine function through the production of Cholecalciferol (D3) by epidermis. Skin care products can be for medicinal uses and intended to be placed in contact with the various external parts of the human body that manifest beneficial topical actions and provide protection against degenerative skin conditions.
Skincare products can be a Cosmetics defined as the materials of various sources, technically compounded substances which can be used to cleanse, nourish, and moisturizes the skin of the face and other parts of the body. Cosmetics are the effective products used broadly all over the world for sustaining and brushing general outlook of the face and other body parts, for example, hand, mouth, finger, hair, lip, and eye. Cosmetics are available in numerous formulations which include creams, face pack, lotions, powder, shampoos, conditioners, and hair oils for glowing, smooth and nourished skin and hair, positively count for an attractive woman and good-looking man.
Since 2009, 595 cosmetics manufacturers have reported using 88 chemicals, in more than 73,000 products, that have been linked to cancer, birth defects or reproductive harm. Many of these chemicals should be banned from cosmetics, as proposed in California Assembly Bill 2762, the Toxic Free Cosmetics Act. Toxic Chemicals should be avoided in cosmetics a nd skincare products are as follows.
- Sulfates- Sulfates are salts that are formed when sulphuric acid (H2SO4) reacts with another chemical. They are also produced from petroleum. They act as surfactants and are used for lathering purposes. Do you know? Most Mascaras available in the market contain Sulphates. But, Sulfates can irritate your eyes and skin. So, Sulphates obtained from natural sources like Coconut and palm oil could be a safe option.
- Parabens-Parabens are the preservatives used to keep your skincare and makeup fresh and germ-free. Paraben found in soaps to lotions and makeup. But it can increase production of the hormone estrogen (female sex hormone) and interfere with reproductive and brain function and can cause breast cancer.
- Phthalates-Phthalates are salts or plasticizing chemicals used for the spreadability nail polishes, perfumes, lotions and softeners in shampoos, they are reproductive and developmental toxins.
- Fragrance-Fragrances are found in skincare products like perfumes, moisturizers, shampoos, cleansers and conditioners. They are made with chemicals that are associated with respiratory disorders, skin allergies, dermatitis and side effects in the reproductive system.
- Triclosan -Triclosan is a common chemical found in tubes of toothpaste, antibacterial soaps and deodorants. It is effective against microbes (anti-bacterial in nature), but it is also an endocrine disruptor and a skin irritant. Some studies reported that triclosan can lead to gut inflammation and tumor growth in mammals.
- Formaldehyde-Formaldehyde is often used as a preservative in skincare. It is a colorless gas and is used to prevent the growth of bacteria. Formaldehyde can be found in nail polishes, hair straightening treatments, hair gels, nail hardeners, shampoos, deodorants, lotions and makeup. It is associated with developmental toxins, hair loss, scalp burns, asthma and neurotoxicity. When inhaled, formaldehyde can cause dizziness and suffocation
- Polyethylene Glycol (PEG)-PEG is used as a thickening agent in skincare products like lotions, sunscreen and shampoos. It can cause cancer and respiratory disorders. It can also strip off the natural oils (sebum) from your skin and trigger the sebaceous glands (oil-producing glands) to make more sebum that can make the skin greasy.
Due to the emergence of SARS-CoV-2, COVID-19 pandemic, routine use of hand sanitizer is a favored method of cleaning one's hands and stopping the spread of infection. Because of the popularity of hand sanitizers and their importance in preventing the spread of COVID-19, falsified alcohol-based sanitizers with the use of Methanol pose a significant public health risk and can cause severe reactions when exposed to the skin, lungs or mouth.
Taking all the above points into the consideration Aimil Group is on mission to help people switch from chemical based products to real natural products under the Umbrella of Ayouthveda which successfully brings safe and high performing range for youthful and beautiful you. Ayouthveda mission to help million people switch from harmful chemical based personal care products to safe and wonderful Ayurvedic Products. Their vision to enable everyone to experience purity of Ayurveda and provide skincare with therapeutic benefits. Ayouthveda offers highly effective Ayurveda range of products abandoned of artificial color and fragrance. It just not add cosmetic value in our lives but also ensures active therapeutic effect for predictable results. Few of Ayouthveda products are Deep clean Antimicrobial Hand Gel/Rub contains distillates of Tulsi, Aloe vera, Neem and lotus. Studies suggest that Aloe can act as a humectant and emollient to soften and smooth skin and improve skin barrier function. Another Ayouthveda natural product is Ultra-hydrating face emulsion cream makes your skin feel amazingly soft, supple, fresh and radiant with the blend of pure herbs like coconut water, aloe vera, rose, lotus, sweet orange and green tea.