It was only midnight, Tina had already visited the washroom fourth time that night, she barely had time to think while leaving bed because the urge to pee was so intense. Did she drink too much juice for dinner? Well NO although every time she had to go, a little amount of urine was passed with some throbbing sensation. What was going on?
Tina endure the most neglected condition in females “Urinary Tract Infection”
What is urinary tract infection?
A urinary tract infection is an infection in any part of your urinary system- kidney, ureters, bladder, and urethra usually caused by Escherichia coli (E. coli), Staphylococcus aureus followed by Proteus spp and Klebsiella.
Why UTI is a grey area for women?
Women anatomy make them prone to getting UTI as the size of the urethra is shorter and straight than man, providing a suitable distance for bacteria to travel.
- In women, the opening of the urethra is in close proximity to the anus and vagina, therefore, sexual activity and unhygienic conditions increase the risk of infection.
- Menstruating women struggle tenaciously to achieve comfort and hygiene during the clock.
- A study suggested (Int. J. Epidemiol. 16(3):441-447, 1987) that women who use a diaphragm have a higher incidence of UTI.
- Post-menopausal women may experience uterine prolapse lead to incomplete emptying of the bladder to create condition favoring bacterial colonization.
- Poor bladder control, an obstructive disorder such as kidney stone in elderly women put them at risk.
BACTERIAS TO BE BLAMED || SYMPTOMS
Although the symptoms depend on the part of the urinary tract affected, some commonly associated symptoms are:
- Burning sensation while urination.
- Foul odor urine
- Urine may appear cloudy
- Persistent urge to urinate
- Pelvic pain, fever, nausea, especially in women
- Recurrent UTI may lead to signs of blood in the urine.
BATTLING THE BACTERIA || PREVENTION
- After urination, women should wipe from front to back with toilet paper.
- Women must change pads or tampons during periods.
- Avoid holding urine for a long time.
- Frequent bubble bath can cause irritation around the vaginal area.
- Avoid feminine hygiene spray as it can irritate the urethra.
- Use washroom before and within 15 minutes of intercourse.
- Drink plenty of fluid including coconut water, cranberry juice, blueberry, oranges, foods rich in antioxidants help to keep everything on track.
FINAL PACE || CURE UTI
In modern allopathic system, once the physician diagnoses the condition, a cocktail of molecule drugs is prescribed which may provide satisfying results but in long run overuse of antibiotics can cause disruption in gut flora health leading to great susceptibility to more infection. Therefore, keeping all the parameters in mind AIMIL Pharmaceuticals India Ltd introduced a Polyherbal Ayurvedic proprietary formulation “NEERI”, onetime solution for UTI
In 1984, the group of herbs stands on scientific validation which makes NEERI first choice in treating UTI’S. The Phytoconstituent available in the herbs such as
- Punernava (Boerhavia Diffusa): this herb is excellent diuretic and has antioxidant antibacterial, anti-inflammatory action, therefore, works as a great tonic in urinary infection.
- Varun (Crataeva nurvala): Varun is the key herb in the treatment of chronic or recurrent bladder infection. It works as great antiseptic & nephroprotective in a condition such as UTI.
- Daruharidra (Berberis aristata): This herbs evidence broad-spectrum antimicrobial, antifungal, antipyretic activity makes its effective choice in treating UTI.
- Gokshuru (Tribulus terrestris): this high-quality herb found effective in curing burning micturition. Gokshur is a mild diuretic used to promote sufficient urine flow and soothes the membrane of the urinary tracts.
- Kakri seeds works wonder in pain micturition. The methanolic extracts of seeds showed significant antioxidant activity.
AIMIL pharmaceuticals strive to bring a paradigm shift in the lives of women suffering from UTI. The only aim is to eradicate this GREY AREA with this innovative herbal solution NEERI, acts synergistically to cure acute and chronic phase of UTI systematically and symptomatically to ensure safety and efficacy of women.
#comforting WOMEN’S life with NEERI.