Whether the heat or cold, the sore throat will take into its grip, sufferer will not know. This causes pain and swelling of the throat, thereby obstacles in daily work and all day trouble. But the winter season can be a problem for one’s throat. In this season, many people complain of coughing allergy, which is mostly due to increasing levels of pollution. Allergic cough is primarily caused by an overactive immune system to particular substances called allergens. It might start in response to a change in the season if an allergen is present in some weather condition. It might affect for weeks or even month at a time.
Chemical based medicinal treatments for cough are easily available, most of them are known to stifle the mere outbursts alone but before opting for medication look for some effective natural remedy.
Ayurvedic treatment (ancient science of natural healing) a favourable choice for cough is preferred because it addresses the root cause of the problem and aims to eliminate it. According to Ayurveda, it is believed that the primary cause of allergies in the body is the accumulation of toxins and low immunity. Ayurveda with number of herbs can protect and makes the person stronger.
Novel herbs benefiting in allergic cough are -
- Jufa (Hyssopus officinalis) with volatile oils, flavonoids, hyssopin tannins, resins inhibit replication of viruses in lungs. Enhances interferon & immunoglobulin production & a potent anti-allergic which clears and soothes respiratory passages.
- Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra) is quite useful in curing the cough & soothing throat by enhancing interferon production.
- Vasa (Adhatoda vasica) is a potent anti-allergic cough expectorant as it is rich in vasicine.
- Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) is having innumerable medicinal benefits, as it helps in clearing cough & healing sore throat. Also an immunity booster and a potent detoxifier.
- Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) builds immunity & prevents the body from giving up on allergens bring about a balance in three doshas - Vatta, Pita and Kapha. It acts as an anti-allergic and thus, helps in treating cough caused due to allergic reactions to smoke, pollution or pollen.
- Kali Mirch (Piper nigrum) is flavonoid enriched which relax tracheal muscles which are involved in coughing and the heating quality helps in clearing congestion.
- Laung (Syzygium aromaticum) in which phytonutrients are present which are primarily known for clearing congestion & cough.
- Saunf (Foeniculum vulgare) relieves cough by eliminating phlegm from the body.
- Honey is a Legitimate to cure cough as soothes sore throat and relieves congestion.
A herbal preparation JUFEX FORTE (safe, effective & natural syrup) of Aimil Pharmaceuticals which is much more than cough syrup. This formulation is an all age special formula in which all these novel herbs are present to combat cough and other viral infections of respiratory tract. Also, it enhances bio availability in antibiotic-resistant patients by promoting rapid absorption from G.I.T. and exerts potent pharmacological action to strengthen respiratory functions.