Although it has a reputation as a male nutrient, zinc is fundamental to the sexual and reproduction health of both genders. All of us require it for fertility, and it is usually recommended whenever a patient, male or female, need a libido boost.
People with this inflammatory joint disease are generally quite depleted in zinc. If you plan to take zinc supplements, make sure you are also given copper, an extremely valuable treatment. the zinc/copper ration should be roughly eight to one.
- During meal, chew & consume 5 raw Garlic cloves. It helps relieve sciatica pain.
- Take 1/2 teaspoonful Garlic juice with one teaspoonful ghee twice daily, it relieves joints pain.
- Daily use of 1/4 teaspoonful triphala powder and paste of 5 raw Garlic cloves with water, benefits the diabetic patients.
The name 'manganese' comes from Greek word for magic, because the ancient Athenians believed the element had magical properties. But while manganese is special in certain ways, it's typical of many trace minerals: though only a small amount is needed, all too often an even smaller amount is available in our diets.
Natural diabetes remedies from around the world often feature manganese-rich herbs. The mineral is an integral part of the treatments for all variations of sugar and insulin disorders. People with diabetes typically have only half of what's considered a 'normal' manganese level, and the deficiency contributes to their bodies' inability to process sugars. with the nutrient, research shows, they are better able to manage blood glucose.
Copper is a powerful mineral. Not only is it essential to helping the heart to function correctly, but it also controls cholestrol, sugar and uric acid levels. in addition, it increase bone strength, enhances function, contributes to infant growth and is a major treatment for rhematoid arthritis. But as with iron, maintaining the correct balance is vital. Both shortages and excesses can increase free radical activity, thereby increasing the risk of heart disease and other chronic degenerative illnesses. A doctor and lab tests can determine whether your copper levels are too high or too low.
The use of copper to treat rheumatoid arthritis provides one of the best examples of how a nutrient cab be superior to mainstream drug therapies. Copper helps the body produce superoxide dismutase (SOD), its most therapeutic intercellular anti-inflammatory enzyme.
- Eat more fruits and green leafy vegetable those contain Vitamin and avoid refined sugars, as this reduced the body Vitamins-A level. These may supplement with fresh juice made from grape fruits, guava, mango, papaya, water melon, beet roots, tomatoes, amaranth leaves, broccoli, carrots, peas, pumpkin, spinach, sweet potato or eat crushed raw garlic (about 3 clove a day).
- Increase iron rich foods (Dark Green Leafy Vegetables (Spinach, cooked), Beans & Peas (Soybeans, cooked), Asparagus, Tomato Paste, Lemon Grass) in diet and eat plenty of vitamin C and copper containing foods like garlic and onions to aid iron absorption.to aid as Iron deficiency is the commonest cause of anaemia in women because of insufficient iron in diet to replace menstrual loss.
- Avoid coffee, tea, cola and tannin containing herbal teas from about an hour before meals to an hour and a half after. These reduce iron absorption and flushes excess water through the kidney leading to a loss of some of the nutrients needed to form haemoglobin such as magnesium and V-B 6.
- For osteoarthritis eat more foods rich in V-A (grape fruits, guava, mango, papaya, water melon, beet roots, tomatoes, amaranth leaves, broccoli, carrots, peas, pumpkin, spinach, sweet potato), B (Oats, Bananas, Potatoes Spinach, Almonds, Milk) and C (Guavas, Kiwifruit, Broccoli, Berries), which tend to reduce inflammation and eat adequate amount of calcium (Low Fat Cheese, Low Fat Milk & Yogurt, Okra, Almonds, Fresh Thyme, Amaranth Greens), iron (Dark Green Leafy Vegetables (Spinach, cooked), Beans & Peas (Soybeans, cooked), Asparagus , Tomato Paste, Lemon Grass) , zinc (Blackberries, Pomegranates ,raspberries, soybeans and peas are good sources of zinc.), copper ( Guavas, Avocados, Litchis, Prunes, Mushrooms, Potatoes, Soybean Sprouts), selenium (Mixed Nuts (14%), Cashews (8%), Black Walnuts (7%),, Whole-Wheat Bread, Seeds (Sunflower) and magnesium (Blackberries, Raspberries, Jackfruit Dark Leafy Greens (Raw Spinach), Nuts and Seeds (Squash and Pumpkin Seeds), Beans and Lentils (Soy Beans), Whole Grains (Brown Rice), Okra,). Reduce both total fats and saturated fats and lose weight (if necessary).
- For rheumatoid arthritis eat fruits and vegetable foods rich in zinc (Blackberries, Pomegranates ,raspberries, soybeans and peas are good sources of zinc.), copper ( Guavas, Avocados, Litchis, Prunes, Mushrooms, Potatoes, Soybean Sprouts) calcium (Low Fat Cheese, Low Fat Milk & Yogurt, Okra, Almonds, Fresh Thyme, Amaranth Greens) , potassium (White Beans, Dried Apricots, Yogurt, Bananas, Baked Potatoes (With Skin), Avocadoes, Guavas) magnesium (Blackberries, Raspberries, Jackfruit Dark Leafy Greens (Raw Spinach), Nuts and Seeds (Squash and Pumpkin Seeds), Beans and Lentils (Soy Beans), Whole Grains (Brown Rice), Okra, selenium (Mixed Nuts (14%), Cashews (8%), Black Walnuts (7%),, Whole-Wheat Bread, Seeds (Sunflower), Whole Grains (Rye) V- A and V-B (especially pantothenic acid (Mushrooms, Sunflower Seeds, Sweet Potato (Baked) and B-6 (Pistachio Nuts, Dried Fruit (Prunes) , Bananas ), C and E, and Pine Apple and less acid forming food. Avoid tomatoes, potatoes, pepper and egg plants which may make arthritis worse.
Drink at least 10-8 ounce glasses of water daily. Drink juice of fresh lemon in a glass of warm water in morning to prevent from foaming. Increase consumption of foods rich in V-A (apricot, carrot, Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, Squarts etc.) to discourage the formation of stones. Minimise consumption of animal protein or eliminate it from your diet altogether. Reduce intake of potassium & phosphorus. Avoid carbonated soft drinks. Don't omit calcium from diet.
Diet: Avoid caffeine, which increase calcium loss and eat enough food rich in Vitamin-C plus the bioflavonoids to help absorb calcium. Women with osteoporosis are more likely to produce insufficient gastric acid. Calcium absorption needs acid and acid production require zinc, so eat enough zinc rich foods (Blackberries, Pomegranates, raspberries, soybeans and peas).
CARROT: Drink daily I glass juice of carrot as carrots are bursting with beta – carotene, necessary for growth and for the healthy functioning of the retina in the eyes, the lining of digestive passage and urinary and genital tract. Prepare carrot by scrubbing their skin, not scraping or peeling since the greater concentration of vitamins and minerals live in or just below the surface.
WHOLE GRAINS: it contain more protein, fat, iron, thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin than the refined grains used to make white bread and flour. Choose whole grains or food made with the whole grain, because of the many nutrients in the bran and wheat germ.
BANANA: it contain more carbohydrate than most fruits. Their high fibre content ensure that the sugar are slowly and slowly absorbed into the blood stream. Banana are also rich in potassium, magnesium, V-B 6 and C and the calming amino acid tryptophan which is good solution for anxiety.
WALNUT: eat walnut as it contain useful amount of protein, fibre, mineral (magnesium, phosphorus, iron, calcium, copper and zinc), vitamin (A, Thimine, B6, C, E , Pantothenic acid, biotin and folic acid) and essential fatty acids.
GRAPES: it contain a form of dietary fibre called pectin, which helps lower low density lipo-protein (LDL) cholesterol in the blood. grapes good source of biotin ad contain V-C and small amount of many essential minerals.
- Reduce intake of POTASSIUM:
- Reduce intake of PROTEIN: Minimize consumption of animal protein or eliminate it from your diet altogether.
- Reduce intake of SALT:
- Vegetables and potatoes should be cut up into small pieces and boiled in plenty of water as this reduces their potassium content. After boiling throw the cooking water away. Do not use to make gravy or stock.
- Once boiled, vegetables and potatoes can be fried, roasted or added to casseroles.
- Try to avoid vegetables which have been cooked by steaming or microwaving. Try not to eat raw vegetables.
- Fruits should be limited to a maximum of 3 portions a day. A handful e.g. one small apple or about 10 grapes.
- Avoid high PHOSPHORUS food:
- Dairy products such as milk, cheese, custard, cottage cheese, yogurt, ice cream, pudding should be cut from diet.
- Say no to Beverages such as cocoa, beer, chocolate drinks, and dark cola drinks.
- Reduce intake of ADDED SUGAR.
- Reduce intake of ALCOHOL.
- Avoid carbonated SOFT DRINKS.
- Avoid SMOKING.
Pippali, is to be useful in infectious fever. For internal usage as febrifuge half teaspoonful of powdered Pippali should be taken by patient mixed with honey (about 2 tea spoon full) and ginger juice (half tea spoon). This may be given three times a day on the first onset of fever, and will check the further rise of temperature. This will promote the resistance of patient against the attack of bronchitis and throat congestion.
Tulsi, is the other drug of choice for the condition of infectious fever. Tea made from tulsi mixed with equal quantity of dried power of ginger will act excellently in infectious fever and can be administered 3-4 time.
Fruit juice, especially orange juice should be given twice a day. Infusion of tulsi leaves, pepper powder and little sugar helps in bring the fever down. This infusion should be taken thrice a day. Drink honey added with barley water it gives nourishment to the body during any fever. Eat apple in malarial fever, it helps to reduce fever without weakening the body. It also prevent recurring attack.
- Fats in any form must be strictly avoided as also coffee, tea, alcohol and oily substance,
- The diet should consists of mostly fluids, juice made from sugarcane and white radish to which honey is added should be given twice a day.
- Fresh cabbage juice with a teaspoon of honey is also very help full in jaundice.
- A tea spoon of cumin powder added to a teaspoon of tamarind pulp and one tea spoon of honey should be given to the patient.
- Lemon juice in barley water and honey in boiled and cooled water must be given frequently.
- One glass of tomato juice must be given at least once a day.
- Carrot strengthen the liver. It can be given in the form of juice, soup or infusion.
- Soup made from lauki (bottle gourd) is very much effective in jaundice.
- Lauki roasted in fire and the juice extracted to which honey is added and sholug be given to strengthen the liver.
- An infusion of ginger and curry leaves must be given regularly for some days at bed time.
- Slowly whole wheat bread can be included in the diet.