Leucoderma (Safed Daag/ white patches) is an idiopathic acquired skin disorder which is identified by the breakout of white spots all over the body. Vitiligo & Leucoderma is more common in the Asia and the Middle East and is only detected after its occurrence. It is more prominent on darker skin people and is often compared or thought of as leprosy.
Leucoderma & Vitiligo are similar disorders. Thus, the line of treatment remains the same for both. While Leucoderma is acquired by accident, Vitiligo is self-generated.
Both Leucoderma & Vitiligo are caused due to autoimmunity. In which the immune system gets disturbed and as a direct result, leads to the self-destruction of cells. The cells producing melanin pigment if destroyed results in the non-production of the pigment and thus, leads to white patches all over the body.
To understand the Leucoderma & Vitiligo in greater detail let us understand its causes and thereby some of the precautions we can take not to be a victim of this rather dangerous disease. The following might be some of the reasons for the disease.
- An accident or an injury wherein there is a complete erosion of the pigment producing cells
- Allergies due to excessive use of plastic products. An example of this can be the use of low quality plastic slippers over a period
- Use of harsh soaps, perfumes, sanitizers, deodorants can also lead to this disease.
- Being exposed to harsh conditions and excessive temperature changes
- Fall in the immunity levels of your body
Precautions for Leucoderma & Vitiligo patients
- Change your diet to natural, healthy and home-made meals and reduce the consumption of junk foods
- Try and increase your immunity level by exercising on a regular basis
- Reduce the use of harsh soaps, perfumes, deodorants and go natural as much as you can
- Avoid the intake of cold and hot foods together
- Also, monitor the medicines that you consume. Regular intake of antibiotics and other drugs can lead to falling in immunity levels
- As mentioned earlier, one should also avoid sharp temperature changes. For example, swimming in warm water in cold climate or vice versa.
- Reducing stress can also act as a precautionary measure
- Using cheap quality products which can lead to allergies and infections should also be avoided.
These diseases (Leucoderma & Vitiligo) causes a lot of mental pain and anguish for the sufferer. Making him/ her feel like a social outcast and often leads to chronic depression and demotivation. Most of the sufferers are misinformed, misguided and are treated with incompatible and ineffective drugs and medicines. This adds to the burden of the sufferers and makes them want the perfect cure even more.
Until a couple of years ago, the treatment or the cure of Leucoderma & Vitiligo was thought of as difficult and in some cases unachievable. Recently a lot of research and development has gone into the cure of these white spots/ cure of Leucoderma & Vitiligo through Ayurveda. For hundreds of years, the Ayurvedic doctors and practitioners have successfully treated this deadly skin disorder. Their treatment is based on the use of some herbal plants and so on and henceforth.
So the Leucoderma & Vitiligo ayurvedic cure or the white patches cure is dependent on increasing immunity and the re-pigmentation or the regeneration of the destructed pigment generating cells. Thus, increasing immunity takes precaution against an increase in the disorder and the re-pigmentation reverses the damage already done. Over the last couple of years, the ayurvedic treatment of Leucoderma & Vitiligo has been deemed secure and most effective in comparison to even allopathic drugs.
The Ayurvedic white spot treatment takes into use herbal plants such as Aloe vera, Ammi majus, Psoralea corylifolia and Calotropis gigantia. This ayurvedic treatment is often complemented with diet control and as well as some lifestyle changes to be made to curb the disorder. Thus, if you are a victim of this disorder, no need to worry anymore. DRDO has launched a path-breaking ayurvedic cure, known as Lukoskin which can help you in treating Leucoderma/Vitiligo in a relatively shorter period of time.