"A great fruit choice for the kidney diet"
Pineapple can be used as supplementary Nutritional fruit for good personal health. Pineapple fruits are an excellent source of Vitamins and minerals.
Benefits of Pineapple
• Detoxifier • Aids Digestion
• Heart health • Kidney health
The enzyme bromelain in pineapple acts as a potent cleanser that balances the pH levels in the blood and relieving oedema through reduction of excess water in the body.
The sour unripe fruit improves digestion, increase appetite and relieves dyspepsia. Kidney patients constantly suffer from constipation and stomach issues. Pineapples, because of their fibre and water content, help to prevent constipation and promote regularity and a healthy digestive tract.
Healing and Inflammation:
Studies have shown that bromelain, an enzyme found in pineapples, can reduce swelling, bruising, healing time, and pain associated with injury and post-surgery wounds.
A common complication among Chronic Kidney Disease patients, the moderate potassium consumed from pineapple helps to lower blood pressure levels.
As most kidney disease patients face heart complications, the leading cause of death in the Chronic Kidney Disease. The fibre, potassium, and vitamin C content in pineapple all support improved Heart Health.
In traditional system of medicine, Pineapple act as uterine tonic.
Do keep in mind:
• Consuming pineapple during pregnancy may in some cases lead to miscarriages.
• Ripe pineapple fruit in fact contain high levels of sugar, so it is not recommended for diabetics.
• Pineapple fruit may, like any other fruit or nut cause allergic reactions in some people including red itchy skin, swollen lips and mouth. To avoid this, dip pineapple in salt water before consumption.