“Use this Black Seed regularly, because it is a cure for every disease, except death.” [Prophet Mohamad Sahib in Quran]
Kalaunji, (Nigella sativa L.), also known as black cumin, black seed, and black caraway, is rich in nutritional values like high in protein, carbohydrates, essential fatty acids, vitamins A, B1, B2, C and niacin as well as calcium, potassium and iron and contains 40% fixed oils and 1.4% volatile oils, and has been used for a variety of health problems for antiquity.
Nigell sativa has preventative and restorative features as it stimulates the body’s energy and helps in recovery from fatigue or dispiritedness.
Major benefits of Kalaunji seeds and oil are:
1. Promotes Heart Health – The rich and unsaturated Omega 6 & 9 acids as well as the phytosterols that black seeds contain offer amazing heart benefits and help reinforce elasticity in your blood vessel walls, thereby aiding in the prevention of blood clot formation and arterial pressure. They also help lower your cholesterol and blood sugar too.
2. Fights Fungal Infections – The results show that black seed has an effective antifungal and anti-bacterial properties that can extensively treat and cure fungal infections.
3. Reduces Allergies (Sinus Infections) – Using black seed oil for allergies can be one of the best ways to get better. Not only is it known to provide quick relief, but it gets you up on your feet faster than most over the counter medication today. Strong anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory compounds work fast to cure and treat sinus infections.
4. Good for Your Skin – With all the essential fatty acids, vitamins, antioxidants, and amino acid, black seed oil makes perfect all around daily skin moisturizer. Not only is it great for protection (for sunburn, etc.), but it also has anti-aging properties that help with wrinkles.
5. Detoxifies Body – Toxicity is a major concern for many, and finding a natural way to do it can seem impossible. Luckily, black seed oil has been used for detox for years, and studies prove that it can lower toxicity levels throughout the body significantly.
6. Black Seed Oil for Acne – With powerful regenerative and anti-inflammatory properties, black seeds are your best option for clearing up your skin and giving it a soft, natural glow. It’s been used by both Kings and Queens throughout history for their most common skin ailments.
7. Infection Killer – By targeting the immune system directly, black seed oil helps your body fight off infections from head to toe. This is a unique property that black seeds were known for throughout history, and they stood the test of time to be one of if not the most powerful natural remedies today.
8. Boosts Fertility – For those that are suffering from infertility, know that black seeds have been used to improve the reproductive health of men and women for over two thousand years. To date, it is still one of the best natural remedies for boosting fertility. Not to mention, it’s also been proven to increase sex-drive and can act as a natural aphrodisiac. Its strong anti-inflammatory compounds help circulate blood flow and oxygen to sex organs of both genders.
9. Good for Your Hair – One of the more popular uses of black seed oil is for hair restoration and promoting overall hair health because of properties of fatty acids such as omega 3,6, and 9, that have shown to improve hair follicle production and strength. Black seed oil has also proven to be useful as a natural remedy for premature gray hair.
10. Reduces Flus and Fevers – Since the black seed is anti-inflammatory, you can use black seed oil for cases of flu and fevers for quick relief. With immediate aid to your immune system, your body will feel the potent anti-oxidant and anti-bacterial properties of black seed oil go to work.
11. Cures Boils and Carbuncles – Whether it’s a single boil (furuncle) or a cluster of boils (carbuncle), black seed oil is a great way to find quick relief.
12. Treat Coughs and Asthma – The anti-inflammatory properties of black seeds make it one of the most ideal diamond herbs. Black seed oil targets your immune system and its anti-bacterial properties fight off any bacteria and virus. It’s great for anything that’s caused by inflammation. Specifically bronchitis and asthma, two of the more prominent uses of black seeds.
13. Black Seed Oil for Diarrhea – Since most diarrhea is a result of a viral infection, the anti-inflammatory properties of black seed makes a perfect home remedy for it.
14. Reduces High Blood Pressure – Black seed oil for high blood pressure is one of the most common uses today. Many high blood pressure patients noticed a significant drop in their blood pressure levels when taking black seed oil.
15. Helps Eliminate Insomnia – Studies have shown that taking black seed oil for insomnia and other sleep disorders can be very effective. Many have claimed that it has helped them eliminate their sleeping disorder altogether.
16. Prevents Muscle Cramps and Spasms – The antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory agents in black seed oil make it very helpful in preventing and easing muscle cramps/spasms. You can either consume it orally or rub some oil on the affected areas to see near-instant results.
17. Relieves Nausea and Upset Stomach – For nausea and upset stomachs are another notorious use of black seeds because it stimulates your body’s digestion and induces the expulsion of gas.
18. Treats Toothaches – To relieve the pain and soreness, all you do is rub the oil on your gums for 20 seconds. Then sit back and feel the antioxidants go to work.
19. Kills Leukemia Cells – Studies showed that black seeds had antiproliferative effects in human myeloblastic leukemia HL-60 cells. This again can be traced back to the thymoquinone it contains that makes it such a powerful remedy.
20. Inhibits Breast Cancer – Black seed oil showed a continuous ability to suppress breast cancer cell reproduction when taken for long-term treatment. Studies showed that larger doses resulted in more powerful suppression.
21. Suppresses and Kills Colon Cancer Cells – black seeds thymoquinone & antioxidant properties make for powerful scavenger abilities. They are not only useful for tons of other ailments, but they are a key ingredient in the suppression of cancer cell growth.
22. Cures Psoriasis – Since black seed oil exhibits anti-psoriasis properties, it thereby benefits primarily diseases caused by inflammation. This makes it for a great natural alternative to many of today’s prescription recommendations for psoriasis.
23. Treats Eczema – Using black seed oil for Eczema is one of the most preferred natural alternatives to treatment today. Simply consume 1-2 teaspoons daily for immediate relief.
24. Aids in Weight Loss – Black seed oil’s weight loss effects stem from its blood sugar lowering properties. On top of being a natural antioxidant, it also aids in speeding up your metabolism and lowering your appetite. This especially helps when trying to gain back control of your diet.
25. Prevents Diabetes – What made black seed oil for diabetes such a powerful natural remedy? It’s ability to significantly lower blood pressure and help both insulin and noninsulin dependent diabetes patients. It’s not only for both type 1 and type 2 diabetes, but it’s helpful in improving your overall blood health.
26. Black Seed Oil for Seizures (Epilepsy) – Since black seed oil is an effective anticonvulsant, This makes it as an effective treatment for Epilepsy.
27. Relieves Tonsil Inflammation (Acute Tonsillo pharyngitis) – Black seeds have been proven to relieve users from throat pain caused by inflamed tonsils, and alleviate the need for pain killers. Studies prove it to be one of the most effective natural remedies for throat pain.
28. Efficient MRSA Treatment – The anti-inflammatory agents of black seeds make it a great alternative to many of today’s antibiotics. Of all the infections that black seeds are known to help treat, this is probably one of the more important ones.
29. Opiate Addiction Treatment – In studies, it has proven to rapidly improve the symptoms of acute opiate withdrawals. Additionally, it was observed that black seeds prevented relapse in some cases as well.
30. Black Seed Oil for Scars – Whether they are post surgical or not, black seed oil makes a great remedy for clearing scars away. It is one of the only few natural herbs that have been proven to remove & heal scars permanently.
31. Suppresses Cervical Cancer – Another cancer that black seed oil has been proven to be effective in treating is cervical cancer. Mainly due to the thymoquinone, it contains, studies have shown that it helps in boosting white cell count and suppressing the cancer cells from reproducing.
32. Prevents Radiation Damage – Studies show that black seed oil that was used on patients who were exposed to gamma radiation had far less damage than ones who didn’t consume any. The conclusion showed that people who had radiation exposure could treat and prevent damage with black seeds.
33. Prevents & Heals Lead Poisoning – Known as one of the most toxic sources worldwide, lead can interfere with a number of your body processes and can cause harm to your heart, intestines, kidneys, nervous system, bones, and even your reproductive system. Research has shown that black seed oil has been effective in protecting and reversing the damage done to the brain due to lead poisoning.
34. Improves Beard Growth – Studies have shown that black seed oil can improve the thickness and quality of your beard and increase the growth rate. Although not its primary benefit, you can apply it directly on your beard and it will provide moisturizing benefits as well.
35. Treats Bee and Wasp Stings – Crushed black seeds mixed with water are an effective natural remedy for bee and wasp stings. Simply rub on the affected areas and repeat this twice a day.
36. Helps with Chest Congestion – Simply rub black seed oil on your chest to remove and clear up congestion and build up. It’ll work wonders when mixed with honey. You can also opt to take them orally as well.
37. Treats Earaches – Black seed oil mixed with olive oil (1/2 teaspoon each) that are warmed and dripped into the affected ear is a natural way of getting quick relief from ear pain.
38. Effective for Eye Diseases and Vision – The oil is also used to treat eye infections as well as improve eyesight and vision. It has also been used by many to treat their pink eye infection. To do so, one should gently rub some oil around the eyes before going to sleep. Can be taken daily for quicker results.
39. Cures Facial Paralysis – When suffering from facial paralysis, black seed oil can be a great treatment for curing it altogether. Simply place a small amount of black seed oil in a container and hover over it with your nose, gently sniffing above the surface of the oil. Take 10-20 deep breaths and repeat daily.
40. Heals Nasal Congestion – It’s also helpful in treating nasal congestion and build up. It’s arguably one of the fastest natural remedies for nasal congestion out there, and one of the more popular uses of this awe inspiring herb.
41. Removes Gallstones – Taking black seed oil for gallstones is a sure way to reduce the pain and remove the gallstones altogether. The potent anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties in black seeds make it ideal for treating gallstones naturally.
42. Suppress Liver Stones – The properties of black seeds reduce and suppress liver stones until they are completely removed. Take daily with honey for better results.
43. Help with Gas and Flatulence – Black seed oil aids in your body’s indigestion, thereby helping you control your gas. It is also proven to be useful in relieving stomach stress and gas buildup.
44. Treats Hemorrhoids – Black seeds offer immediate relief, and studies have shown it to actively prevent the spread of hemorrhoids.
45. Relieves Headaches and Migraines – Another more notorious benefit of black seed oil, using it to treat headaches and migraines is one of its most praised uses. For centuries, Arabs and Europeans have used it by applying it around their eyes, nose, and forehead.
46. Boosts Immunity – You can also use black seeds to improve your overall immune system, thereby improving your body’s defence mechanism and protection to bacteria.
47. Aids in Breast Feeding and Lactation – Not only does black seed oil help you breastfeed by improving lactation, it can also be used for nipple skin protection when applied prior to breastfeeding.
48. Improves Memory (Dementia) – Research has shown that black seed consumption enhances your memory, cognition, and attention. It has recently been proven to increase sharpness and even improve your ability to remember both short and long term.
49. Treats Moles – One of the less known skin benefits of black seed oil, they can help in the removal of moles by repressing their development and clearing up your skin.
50. Relieves Insect Bites – Whether you were recently bitten by mosquitoes or any other insects, applying black seed oil on the affected area can help relieve pain and itchiness instantaneously. This
is one of the more prevalent uses of black seed oil, and it’s arguably one of the best natural remedies for insect bites.
51. Heals Peeling Lips – Can also be used as an alternative to lip balm, the essential oils found in black seeds are proven to help regenerate the skin on your lips as well as give it it’s radiant colour.
52. Constipation – Similarly to how it helps your digestion, it also aids in relieving constipation. Just take daily (1-2 teaspoons) after your lunch or dinner and repeat daily for immediate results.
53. Comforts Back and Muscle Pain – You can reduce the need for painkillers for your back and muscle pain by applying black seed oil right on the points of pain. You will instantly feel relief as the powerful compounds go right to work.
54. Cures Rheumatic Pains – The potent anti-inflammatory agents found in black seeds make it one of the most efficient natural remedies for rheumatic pains. Take daily (1-2 teaspoons) with honey for maximum relief.
55. Helps with Stomach Pain – For most stomach related pains and issues, black seeds are a great natural remedy for quick alleviation. It’s one of the more well-known benefits of black seeds and is still used worldwide today. Take 1-2 teaspoons daily after meals for quick results.
56. Alleviates Gum Infections – Particularly Gingivitis, black seed oil is one of Nature’s most potent natural remedies for suppressing and healing gum infections. The antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties found in it have proven to clear the gums from bacteria and provide immediate pain relief.
57. Suppresses Bladder Infections – You can find relief and a cure for most bladder infections by taking black seed oil. Specifically, urinary tract infections, which is a more common bladder infection, can be treated effectively with daily consumption.
58. Improves Dry Mouth – To treat a Dry mouth, simply take 1-2 teaspoons of black seed oil and keep it in your mouth for 30 seconds. Let the oil touch as many areas before spitting out (if not swallowing). Then wash down with a strong drink to remove the bitter taste.
59. Treats Nose Bleeds – A more traditionally known use stemming from the hot summers in the middle east, black seed oil can cure nosebleeds simply by putting a few drops (1-3) into your nostrils. Then sit back and feel the power of this natural herb.
60. Rejuvenates Burns – Applying black seed oil on burns has proven to aid in the healing and reproduction of your skin (specifically 2nd-degree burns). Simply rub some on burned areas for immediate relief from pain and clearing of the skin.
61. Dandruff – Not only is black seed oil great for your hair, but it also promotes hair follicle growth and even prevents dandruff. All you need to do is apply some to your hair and leave on for 30-60 minutes.
62. Joint Pain – Of the more popular benefits and uses, treating joint pains with black seed oil is a sure way to get immediate relief. Since most of the joint pain is caused by inflammation, it makes a perfect natural remedy for it. You can apply it directly onto the skin of the pained area.
63. Prevents Kidney Damage Associated with Diabetes – On top of being great for diabetes and lowering blood pressure and sugar levels, black seed oil also prevents kidney damage that stems from diabetes. The underlying reason for this is due to the potent compounds contained in the nigella sativa extract.
64. Regulates Menstrual Cycles & Periods (Black Seed Oil for Women) – It also plays an important role in managing and treating a variety of different gynecological disorders. From leucorrhoea, menses discharge and white discharge to uterus problems, stomach pain, and even sexual weakness. It is especially useful for regulating the menstrual cycle after the stoppage of the menses.
65. Black Seed Oil for Pregnancy – Although it is strongly recommended to consult with your doctor on an individual basis, there have been some studies that show positive results when taken during pregnancy. However, there has not been enough concrete evidence to draw any conclusions, especially since in some cases it can affect the smooth muscle contractions of the uterus.
66. Alleviates Arthritis – Black seed oil has proven in numerous studies to be highly effective in treating rheumatoid arthritis and other highly flammable conditions. Once again this is due to the powerful anti-inflammatory properties of black seeds which make it such a potent natural remedy.
67. Treats Ulcers – It’s one of the most dynamic natural herbs that treat ulcers, making it only part of a handful. Multiple studies have proven black seed oil to be effective in treating ulcers of all types.
68. Reduce the Need for Pain Killers – In many cases, black seed oil can substitute some of today’s most common painkillers. The anti-inflammatory properties it contains make it ideal for treating pain throughout every inch of your body.
69. Kills Brain Cancer Cells – Black seeds are great for controlling and suppressing tumors and cancer cells in your brain. Groups of researchers have concluded that black seed oil is a legitimate natural remedy and treatment for brain cancer and brain tumors.
70. Lowers Anxiety – Studies have shown black seed oil to be far more effective in stabilizing your mood and lowering anxiety levels after daily use for 30 days. This has led many to recommend anti-inflammatory treatment instead of antidepressant drugs for helping ease anxiety.
71. Helps with Depression – Multiple studies have shown people who had taken black seed oil were naturally happier and less depressed. This black seed oil benefit is among the most valuable, as millions are suffering from depression which can ruin lives.
72. Removes Dizziness – Black seed oil is known to help with dizziness and all you have to do is rub some on your neck and cheeks.
73. Treats Heart Burn – Another great benefit of black seed oil is that it’s a natural remedy for heartburn. Although there have only been a few studies to support this, history lets us know that it has been used for treating heart burns for years.
74. Relieves Stress – Black seed oil has been proven to be effective in reducing stress levels, as well as many other cognitive benefits. The studies showed that when the oil was taken, subjects had significantly lower stress levels than the rest who hadn’t taken any.
75. Prevents & Treats Alzheimer’s – There have been numerous recent studies that revealed black seed oil as being an excellent natural supplement for preventing and slowing the progression of Alzheimer’s disease in individuals. Results showed that taking daily doses (1-2 teaspoons) yielded best results.
76. Meningitis – The potency of this marvellous herb has even proven to be useful in the treatment of meningitis. Some studies have shown that it is one of the best natural remedies for the treatment known to date. Simply take 1-2 teaspoons daily for relief.
77. Promotes Kidney Health – From kidney disease to kidney stones, black seed oil has proven to be an effective natural alternative for treatment. Consume daily (1-2 teaspoons) for optimal results.
78. Improves Sperm Count (Black Seed Oil for Men) – On top of improving fertility in both men and women, it also boosts semen count for men. Based on multiple studies, research shows that it can improve abnormally low semen counts in only 2 months when taken daily.
79. Promotes Healthy Bone Marrow Growth – Research has shown black seed extract to increase the bone marrow cells’ growth rate by an astonishing 150%. This is according to numerous studies conducted on multiple people. What’s even more amazing is that it’s shown to inhibit the growth rate of nearly all tumors by at least 50%.
80. Treats HIV – The use of this marvellous oil has been a useful tool in the fight against HIV/AIDS. According to recent studies, black seed oil has proven to be extremely effective in the treatment of HIV. This natural alternative has offered relief to many suffering from the horrible symptoms. In some cases, it only took 6 months for the HIV strain to be completely wiped out the bloodstream.
81. Natural Remedy for Colic (for babies) – Black seed oil has been proven to be an effective natural cure for babies colic. The ideal situation, in this case, would be to make some tea with honey, lemon, and a few (3-5) drops of black seed oil.
82. Suppresses Bronchitis – Of all the respiratory conditions that black seeds treat, it’s especially been efficient in the treatment of bronchitis. This again is due to the powerful anti-inflammatory properties they contain. Simply take 1-2 teaspoons of the oil daily for best results.
83. Repairs Prostate Problems – Black seed oil has been used for centuries to regulate and promote prostate health. Studies have shown it to also be effective in the treatment of prostate cancer.
84. General Weakness (lethargy) – Many of us experience emotional and mental lows in our lives, on top of the physical ones. For a boost in spirit, energy and overall mood and health, nothing beats black seed oil. It is one of the most potent natural remedies known to improve the overall state of health, both mental and physical.
85. Removes Chronic Fatigue – Researchers concluded that black seed extract is helpful in re-energizing the body.
86. Stimulates Urine Production – Another benefit of black seed oil is its ability to stimulate and promote urine production. Prostate and bladder issues have been treated for over 2,000 years with this awe striking herb, and studies have recently affirmed those benefits with clinical results showing major improvement in prostate health and function.
87. Protects Against Damage from a Heart Attack – Research has shown that black seed oil can significantly lower inflammation as well as improve many other cardiovascular problems.
88. Helps with Morphine Dependence/Toxicity – If you or someone you know is suffering from opiate addiction, know that black seed oil has proven to reduce tolerance and overall addiction. It accomplishes this by lowering indications of morphine intoxication.
89. Prevents Anemia – Many of us are at risk of blood deficiency (anemia), and it can put our bodies and health at serious risk. Once again, black seeds come to the rescue; they have been known to prevent and treat anemia, removing it completely in many cases and studies.
90. Protects Brain Damage from Parkinson’s Disease – The thymoquinone extract found in this wonderful herb has been proven to protect neurons in our brain against synaptic toxicity (which is caused by a pathology related to Parkinson’s disease and dementia).
91. Cleanses Parasites – Known for its anti-parasitic properties, black seeds extract is a great way to clean your body from parasites, wherever they may be. It does this by intoxicating the parasites and making them easier for the body to destroy.
92. Treats Obesity – Since obesity is usually associated with increased incidence of immune dysfunction, insulin resistance, cancer, and cardiovascular diseases, black seed oil makes a perfect natural remedy for the cure. It has proven to contain anti-obesity properties in many studies conducted by researchers worldwide.
93. Kills Oral Cancer Cells – Studies have shown black seed extract to be very effective in suppressing oral cancer cell reproduction and even curing it all together in some cases. It does this by improving the overall health of your immune system and damaging the resistance of the cancer cells.
94. Suppresses Liver Cancer Growth – Another benefit of black seeds is that it also suppresses liver cancer growth naturally. When comparing to all the side effects from modern medicine, it’s important to note the tremendous value this natural remedy offers when it comes to the treatment of liver cancer.
95. Promotes Liver Health – In conjunction with the previous point, it also promotes overall liver health and boosts function and immunity. It’s a great idea to take it if your family history has experienced problems with their liver.
96. Remedies Pancreatic Cancer – It’s also been proven to be effective in the treatment of pancreatic cancer, making it one of the only natural remedies to have such positive impacts on so many different cancers.
97. Treats Lymphoma – Lymphatic cancer (another name for Lymphoma) is a painful disease that affects millions worldwide. There have been numerous studies that show black seed extract to be efficient in the removal of lymphatic cancer cells. Research tells us to take daily servings (1-2 teaspoons) for best results.
98. Treats Bone Cancer – Another great remedy of black seed oil is its ability to suppress bone cancer cell growth and inhibit it all together in some cases. It’s a nice natural alternative to the harmful medication that modern medicine prescribes millions of people.
99. Deep Cleans Pores – One of the results of a weak immune system is the build-up of excess sebum which clogs up your pores. Simply consume orally or apply onto affected pores after a hot shower for best results. You will see an immediate improvement and your pores will be fully clear within 2 weeks of daily use.
100. Treats Schizophrenia – Far from both being last and least, the thymoquinone in black cumin seed oil extract is beneficial for reducing inflammation and helping you treat schizophrenia. Studies have shown an improvement in patients who have taken black seed oil as a natural remedy when compared to those that haven’t.