Taking the legacy of Ayurveda ahead scientifically
Aimil is committed to explore distinct unrevealed health benefits inherent in 5000 years old science, Ayurveda. Aimil provides natural products backed with strong Research & Development efforts ensuring the predictable therapeutic benefits to the suffering masses.
- Reduce intake of POTASSIUM:
- Reduce intake of PROTEIN: Minimize consumption of animal protein or eliminate it from your diet altogether.
- Reduce intake of SALT:
- Vegetables and potatoes should be cut up into small pieces and boiled in plenty of water as this reduces their potassium content. After boiling throw the cooking water away. Do not use to make gravy or stock.
- Once boiled, vegetables and potatoes can be fried, roasted or added to casseroles.
- Try to avoid vegetables which have been cooked by steaming or microwaving. Try not to eat raw vegetables.
- Fruits should be limited to a maximum of 3 portions a day. A handful e.g. one small apple or about 10 grapes.
- Avoid high PHOSPHORUS food:
- Dairy products such as milk, cheese, custard, cottage cheese, yogurt, ice cream, pudding should be cut from diet.
- Say no to Beverages such as cocoa, beer, chocolate drinks, and dark cola drinks.
- Reduce intake of ADDED SUGAR.
- Reduce intake of ALCOHOL.
- Avoid carbonated SOFT DRINKS.
- Avoid SMOKING.
- Eat more fruits and green leafy vegetable those contain Vitamin and avoid refined sugars, as this reduced the body Vitamins-A level. These may supplement with fresh juice made from grape fruits, guava, mango, papaya, water melon, beet roots, tomatoes, amaranth leaves, broccoli, carrots, peas, pumpkin, spinach, sweet potato or eat crushed raw garlic (about 3 clove a day).
- Increase iron rich foods (Dark Green Leafy Vegetables (Spinach, cooked), Beans & Peas (Soybeans, cooked), Asparagus, Tomato Paste, Lemon Grass) in diet and eat plenty of vitamin C and copper containing foods like garlic and onions to aid iron absorption.to aid as Iron deficiency is the commonest cause of anaemia in women because of insufficient iron in diet to replace menstrual loss.
- Avoid coffee, tea, cola and tannin containing herbal teas from about an hour before meals to an hour and a half after. These reduce iron absorption and flushes excess water through the kidney leading to a loss of some of the nutrients needed to form haemoglobin such as magnesium and V-B 6.